Early Voting Information
Saturday, April 6 – Online mail-in absentee request portal to open
(45 days before the election).
Tuesday, May 7 – online mail-in absentee request portal to close
(14 days before the election) at 11:59PM
Ballots for the May 2024 Primary may be returned by mail, or to the secure drop box located outside the Caldwell County Courthouse during normal business hours of 8:30AM-4:30PM, Monday-Friday. Ballots must be received in the clerk’s office by May 21, 2024 at 6:00PM.
Drop Box Locations for Absentee Mail-in Ballots:
CALDWELL COUNTY COURTHOUSE 1ST FLOOR
CALDWELL COUNTY COURTHOUSE BASEMENT
Ballots may be requested by:
govote.ky.gov or calling the Clerk’s Office at (270) 365 – 6754. Ballots may be returned by mail or brought to the Clerk’s Office and placed in the drop box located inside the Clerk’s Office.
In-Person Excused Absentee Voting
May 8-10 and 13-15, 2024, 8:30AM-4:30PM in the Caldwell Clerk’s Office (Directions)
No-Excuse In-Person Absentee Voting
Can be done at: Southside Baptist Church Life Center (Directions)
May 16-18, 2024, 8:30AM-4:30PM
Eligibility Requirements for Excused Voting are:
•Student who resides temporarily outside of his/her county
• Voter or voters spouse who has surgery/hospitalization scheduled during Early Voting & Election Day
• Member of the armed forces or dependent
• KY Voter who is a uniformed service voter confined to a military base
• In last trimester of pregnancy
• Voter who temporarily resides outside the state but is still eligible to vote in KY
• Age, Disability or Illness
• Voter who is employed and scheduled to work/commute during all no excuse voting.